[h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: mouse wheel button problem on Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:47:02 -0400

I was going to agree with this.  But then I noticed that my driver is set
for an exception on runemacs.exe.  (I had to look in the registry to find
this.)

But before refuting Jason I decided to be daring and remove exceptions
completely.  The result -- even after restarting the computer, Emacs yanks
when I press the scroll wheel, even though the driver is set to AutoScroll.
And C-h k reports:

<mouse-2> (translated from <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2>) at that spot runs the
command mouse-yank-at-click which is an interactive compiled Lisp function
in `mouse.el'.

I then set an exception for emacs.exe to disable clicking the scroll wheel.
This results in no action in Emacs when I click the wheel.

I'm participating in this thread because I do recall having a mouse wheel
problem with an earlier version of Emacs (perhaps 20.7?).  But it seems that
Emacs should be able to handle the mouse wheel click event without the need
for any exception from the driver.

Drew, let me know if you can think of something you want me to try on my
system.  I'll also check this out on my home computer.

- Ray