[h-e-w] outline mode level fonts in Windows versions

From: David Peterson
Subject: [h-e-w] outline mode level fonts in Windows versions
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:35:08 -0800

Hi all,

I am a big fan of outline mode in Emacs on Windows.

Although the various outline mode "levels" have consistent
coloring (eg. black) in my Win XP machine, they have odd and annoying colors in the Vista and Windows 7 machines. This is despite trying the same version of Windows Emacs and the same .emacs file on all 3 platforms. I have also tried newer Windows Emacs versions on the Vista and Win 7 platforms to no avail.

Can anyone suggest helpful resources to address this?

Thanks very much!
David