Re: [h-e-w] naming .emacs in Win 7

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] naming .emacs in Win 7
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:09:59 -0500

In Windows Explorer, it's refused to create dot files for a long time - stupid restriction but it's in Explorer only, as far as I know.   The file system will let you create dot files just fine.  You can create the files in Emacs itself, or Notepad, or on the command-line (using 'copy con' redirected to the dot file you want).

hth,

Rob