Re: [h-e-w] Antialiased fonts in emacs 23.2 for windows

From: Damyan Pepper
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Antialiased fonts in emacs 23.2 for windows
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:20:53 +0100

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Damyan Pepper <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No idea what is going on here. Nothing has changed in the Windows font
>> code as far as I know between 23.1 and 23.2.
>
> Fair enough.  I think I'll have a go at building from source myself to
> see what I can find.

Using bzr bisect I've narrowed this down to revision 98629 - "Handle
system default font and changing font parameters".  This seems to add
some new code for dealing with font changes.  It looks like the
'antialias' argument is now recognised on non-win32 systems and so
this may have inadvertently changed the way it behaves under windows.

I suppose the best next step will be to raise this on emacs-devel?

 - Damyan.