Re: [h-e-w] Kaspersky conflicts with emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Kaspersky conflicts with emacs
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 04:43:11 -0500

> From: David Jaffe <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 07:57:49 -0800
>
> I just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 11.01
>
> This causes emacs to fail on launch.  However, if I disable Kaspersky, then
> launch emacs, then re-enable Kaspersky, emacs seems to run ok.
>
> I tried adding emacs to the "Trusted app" list and to the "exclusion" list,
> but it didn't help.

Unless there's someone here who uses Kaspersky 2011 (I don't) and can
give you instructions, I would suggest the following:

 . Try disabling all the features in Kaspersky that are not strictly
   related to detecting a virus.  Do that one feature at a time, or
   disable all of them, then enable them one at a time, until you find
   the one which causes this trouble.

 . If the above doesn't help, or if you find that the offending
   feature is too valuable for you, maybe there's a way for you to
   exempt Emacs from being treated by the offending feature (other
   than the two options you already tried).

 . Failing all that, ask for help on the Kaspersky forum.

What version of Windows is that, btw?