RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs

From: Fidler,Matt,FORT WORTH,R&D
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:29:09 -0600

Lennart,

Other than org-mode, major modes are working as I expect.  The minor modes that
I always use are taking some time to load. For some, like Yasnippet, I have
implemented yas-jit to load snippets on demand, though it still takes some time
to load.

Some of the load-times are affected by the SLOW speed of the usb-drive;  I have
modified my emacs-startup script to check to see if bare binaries and
emacs-lisp files are copied to the %TEMP% directory, and run from there.  That
speeds up the load, but it still takes 10-45 seconds to load.  I keep the ELPA
package repository on the USB-file as well as my user configuration, which may
add to my startup time.

In your nxhtml-mode did you do anything to efficiently load certain features.
I am also thinking about doing this for one of the modes I have written.

Matt.