Re: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:19:36 +0100

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Fidler,Matt,FORT WORTH,R&D
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart,
>
> Other than org-mode, major modes are working as I expect.

org-mode is slowing down my startup a bit, but I use it so I do not
care. (I load part of it in nXhtml to avoid doubling code.)

> For some, like Yasnippet, I have implemented yas-jit to load snippets on
> demand, though it still takes some time to load.

Was it you that submitted this to yasnippet?

> Some of the load-times are affected by the SLOW speed of the usb-drive;

I just bought a new one, 16MB and very cheap. Much fast than my old 2MB...

> In your nxhtml-mode did you do anything to efficiently load certain features.
>  I am also thinking about doing this for one of the modes I have written.

No, just autoload, split and rearranged to avoid too much unnecessary loading.