RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs

From: Fidler,Matt,FORT WORTH,R&D
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Speeding up Emacs
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 15:27:59 -0600

Lennart,

I just got a 16MB usb-drive and it is just as slow for me on the computers at
work.  At home, however, I have a mac and emacs starts up much faster (I put
the OSX binaries in my usb-drive as well).  I'm not sure this is a OSX vs
Windows issue or a USB drive issue.  In theory the computers at work are USB
2.0 compliant.

For yasnippet -- yes this is what I submitted to Yasnippet.  However, I don't
think anything has been done with it yet.

As far as org-mode, I do use it all of the time.  However, I don't use every
feature all the time.  For example, using org-babel R is unnecessary unless I
have a R source code block.  I would like to optimize this feature.

Matt.