[h-e-w] Problem with EMACS on Windows

From: Dick Herlein
Subject: [h-e-w] Problem with EMACS on Windows
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:41:54 -0800

Hello,
I recently installed EMACS on my home computer, and my mouse does not work.

More specifically:
I am using Windows XP Pro.
I installed CYGWIN, which contained EMACS.
In a CYGWIN window, I used the command "mintty", in which I opened EMACS.
I have a Logitech mouse (2 buttons + wheel).
I can successfully move the mouse so that the mouse cursor is in the EMACS buffer window.
Pressing the left mouse button does not move point to the mouse cursor.

I would much appreciate any assistance you can give.
Dick