[h-e-w] Re: Yank primary selection

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Yank primary selection
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:04:51 -0500

From: "Francis Wright"<address@hidden>
Cc:<address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:22:44 -0000

I often copy text to the clipboard in another application and then paste it
in Emacs using the mouse

Not by default, but if you rebind mouse-2 to mouse-yank-at-click, you
will have the same in Emacs 24.

or I copy text in Emacs using the mouse and then paste it in another
application.

Not by default, but you will be able to have this if you customize
mouse-drag-copy-region to a non-nil value.

For those of us who are just users and not elisp coders, could you give us the actual elisp code to get back the old behavior?