Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:37:53 +0200

> From: Ben Key <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:36:15 -0600
>
> I happen to have a Windows Server 2003 computer here so I decided to install
> Emacs 23.3 and see if I could figure out a way to avoid the
> "c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe" error.  Fortunately, I was able to do so
> without having to change server.el.

The procedure you used is one of those cited in the discussions I
pointed to at the beginning of this thread.  Gamoto reported that they
didn't work, that's why I suggested hacking server.el as the last
resort.

Or are you saying that it is impossible to modify the owner of a file
in C:\, even by that procedure?  Note that Gamoto tried other
locations, including the AppData one, according to what he wrote here.