Re: [h-e-w] about bbdb

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] about bbdb
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 22:49:55 +0800

Harry Putnam <address@hidden> writes:

> I see several pkgs in the windows precompiled releases to be found at
>   http://code.google.com/p/emacs-for-windows/updates/list
>
> that appear to pertain to bbdb:
> eudcb-bbdb.el
> org.bbdb.el

These are part of other packages (eudc and org-mode respectively), for
accessing bbdb data from inside those packages.

> But none of the main bbdb pkgs like:
>
> bbdb.el
>  Or any of the other 56 that I see on my linux setup.
>
> Can anyone say why that is, or suggest somewhere to get the main bbdb
> pkgs for windows?

BBDB is not part of Emacs.  You must have installed it separately.
Elisp packages are not OS specific, try copying the bbdb directory
across from /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ or whereever it is located to
the site-lisp directory of your Windows Emacs installation.