[h-e-w] Compiling Emacs from Bazaar with full image support (and libxml2

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: [h-e-w] Compiling Emacs from Bazaar with full image support (and libxml2)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:15:41 +0200

First of all, I'm not a low-level coder at any rate. I don't know much C and even less about compiling it.

I'd like it if someone could tell me exactly what to install (GnuWin32? MingW? Cygwin?), where to install it, how to set up my environment variables (PATH and all) and what to tell configure.bat.

I want to have "full image support", i.e., I want to be able to look at GIF, PNG, JPEG, XPM and SVG in Emacs. Furthermore, I want to be able to use libxml2 in Emacs.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Deniz