Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20110725 windows binaries

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20110725 windows binaries
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:16:08 -0400

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

    On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:06, Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> wrote:

    > Given a concrete (built) Emacs, are there a way to know the bzr
    > revision that was used to build it?

    No, currently it is not possible. I have suggested that it should be,
    however. And I have added that to my patched version of
    Emacs+EmacsW32. (Unfortunately I have not time at the moment to build
    that version.)

Yes, currently it is possible.  Open the file in the Emacs distribution
that you'd like to work on.  In the mode line, you will see the
Bzr-<revno> you are looking for.

But I think, Lennart, you gotta use the development branch to see this.
I don't understand why you need the revision number if you're not using
it---it just doesn't make sense to me.