Re: [h-e-w] Build fails on Windows with cygwin

From: robinows
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Build fails on Windows with cygwin
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:12:19 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
From: Vijay Lakshminarayanan <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 09:52:04 +0530

I get the following error after running ./configure

---
creating src/epaths.h
Makefile:860: target `TAGS' given more than once in the same rule.
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/vijay/c/code/emacs/configure.in',
needed by `/home/vijay/c/code/emacs/configure'.  Stop.
config.status: executing gdbinit commands

<cygdrive/c/Users/vijay/Desktop/emacs.configure.log" [New] 422L,
16741C
written
---

I've attached the entire output of .configure below

This is Makefile:860

858     # The src subdir knows how to do the right thing
859     # even when the build directory and source dir are different.
860     TAGS tags: lib lib-src src
861             cd src; $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) tags

Is it possible that the Cygwin port of Make you are using is
case-insensitive to target names?  If so, that's a bad misfeature.  I
suggest to ask a question on the Cygwin list about this, perhaps
there's an option to disable this.
It sure looks like it, but Cygwin make is gnu make. It doesn't have
that problem.
I cloned the git repository and it works for me.
What does "which make" return?
Do you have the MAKE environment variable set?