Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs trunk on Windows 7

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building Emacs trunk on Windows 7
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:10:14 +0300

> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:56:08 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>
> Isn't there a way to make Emacs's headers come before the additional
> includes?

My advice is to put all the headers in one place: with the system
headers that came with the compiler.  Then you won't have that
problem, because the system headers are looked up after all the
directories mentioned in the -I switches are processed.  It will also
let you type less arguments when running the configure.bat script.

There's no real reason to keep the GnuWin32 headers in a separate
directory.