Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with TRAMP temp files under Windows 7

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with TRAMP temp files under Windows 7
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:57:04 +0100

"Katz, Dan" <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't think that the ownership/group permissions are the primary issue
> here.  I tried another set where they are closer:
>
> ===================================================================================
>    /ftp:address@hidden:/:
>   drwxrwxr-x  284 0        3003        12288 Oct 11 19:00 gnu
>   drwxrwxr-x    3 0        3003         4096 Mar 10  2011 gnu+linux-distros
> ===================================================================================
>
> I can reliably get into the gnu+linux-distros folder, but not the gnu folder,
> and here, the permissions and ownership seem to be the same.
>
> In any event, here's the data for the temp file:
>
> ===================================================================================
>   -rw-rw-rw-  1 dpkatz Domain Users  22914 01-04 08:51 ange-ftp4032ZOy

I see.

I have checked the code in ange-ftp.el; there is a simple call of
`delete-file' for the temp file containing the ls listing. Nothing special.

It would be interesting whether somebody else could reproduce the same
effect on Windows 7. If not, it must be something in your local
environment (but I have no idea what it could be).

I cannot run this check, I do not use Windows.

> Dan

Best regards, Michael.