Re: [h-e-w] Is anyone using both meta and alt on w32 or linux builds?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Is anyone using both meta and alt on w32 or linux builds?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 03:37:30 +0100

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 02:40, E. Caudex <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am having a geek hack enthusiast cobble together an Emacs keyboard for
> me and I want to be able to use more keychords, including both alt and
> meta keys with separate scan codes. Leaving aside the question of
> whether anyone thinks this might be useful, will it even be possible on
> Gnu/Linux and/or w32 builds of ver. 24?

EmacsW32 does this. (See EmacsWiki.)

This can use the windows key (on w32) as Emacs META. However there are
some problems. Windows do not allow all key bindings to the Windows
key to be changed.

Another alternative would perhaps be to use CapsLock as Emacs META.
(At the moment I can't remember if I actually implemented this or