[h-e-w] Emacs no longer processes ESC keypress

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs no longer processes ESC keypress
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:58:38 -0400

Hi!

I'm running Emacs 23.4 on 64-bit Windows 7 with Cygwin.

A couple of weeks ago, The C-X ESC ESC binding stopped working; simple investigation revealed that Emacs is not recognizing ESC key presses. Swapping keyboards did no good, and my Emacs setup on a 32-bit Windows 7/Cygwin laptop continues to behave.

Has anyone else seen this? I have no idea what I might have done to cause this. I  did recently install Adobe's Creative Suite (main reason I'm still on Windows...), which is annoying enough that I don't want to redo it.

All clues gratefully received!

Thanks,
Fred

--
The things that make us happy make us wise.
    -- John Crowley, Little, Big