Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts

From: Matthew Fidler
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 08:51:25 -0500

 Gary,

There are ways to start emacs without using EmacsW32.  I believe the -a option in emacsclient now works correctly.

What are the proper exit statues you are talking about?

Matt.

PS:

I have also come up with a method to start emacs, register a few things like right-click edit with Emacs and org-protocol links, and then remove these registry settings to run emacs in a portable manner.  I have also made this distribution a cross-platform emacs that works on my usb key on either a mac or windows machine.  The sources are at https://github.com/mlf176f2/EmacsPortable.App.  It is in a pre-release state.  If you are interested, I can send you some binaries.

I haven't been able to use EmacsW32 for awhile since I don't typically have administrator rights and can't install InnoSetup files.  I found out I could extract them after I built my solution.