Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:58:36 -0700

(I can't speak to your other comments & questions.
Hopefully someone else will be able to help.)

> Note that if you like to associate file types with emacs,
> like .txt and so on, each of those is a separate registry
> command,

Or use Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types
Or use `Open With...'

...and then pick your Emacs executable.
That's a lot easier than messing directly with the registry, no?

> so if you move your emacs, you have to adjust all of
> them.  Or write a bat script and use that.  At least I think
> this is true.

Yes, you need to put the folder that contains emacsclient or gnuclientw or
whatever you use for Emacs file associations in your PATH environment var.  But
again, if you have only one Emacs build, then that location won't change.