Re: [h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs

From: Zavier0
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Microsoft IME Japanese input problem in GNU emacs
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 00:19:22 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jason for your answer.

Jason Rumney-4 wrote:

> Zavier0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> when I tried to type Japanese in GNU emacs (v22.3.1) with the native
>> Microsoft IME of the Japanese version of Windows 7 (64bit), I got :
>> ????????
>> (some interrogation marks instead of kanjis).
>>
>> However, when I use the GNU emacs native japanese input, it works fine.
>>  Problem: it is far less convenient than Microsoft IME.
>>

>> Surprisingly, I do not have this problem with GNU emacs installed on my
>> laptop (WIndows 7 Ultimate, 32 bits, same version of Microsoft IME),
>> despite
>> both GNU emacs installations are rigorously the same (well really seem
>> the
>> same  at least).
>
> Probably your locale on the second machine is set to Japanese?

I do not know. I set-locale-environment to Japanese on both machines and it
does not
change anything.

Jason Rumney-4 wrote:

> Try Emacs 24.1, I think the problem you are seeing was fixed for Emacs
> 23.1 (with perhaps further bugfixes in later versions).

Yes. I installed v24.1 and removed the v22.3.1 and it improved....a bit:
no more interrogation marks !
But the small IME input window does not appear, which means that the kanjis
choice appear only after I press "enter" (like when typing a password, you
are blind).

Thanks for any help,

Regards.