Re: [h-e-w] GnuTLS in win32

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] GnuTLS in win32
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:40:31 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Don't change PATH from inside Emacs, that way lies madness.

I've been doing it for years; it is extremely convenient to be able to
switch compiler versions (for example) without leaving Emacs, when
tracking down newly introduced compiler bugs/features.

> Always modify your PATH outside Emacs, before you start Emacs.
> Otherwise, the complex ways in which PATH interacts with exec-path

exec-path must always be a copy of PATH, that's easy to enforce.

> and with commands invoked from Emacs (including those invoked via the
> shell) will break in subtle ways.

Can you elaborate some use cases? I'd like to know what I'm missing.

--
-- Stephe