[h-e-w] ediff/diff not found

From: Buchs, Kevin
Subject: [h-e-w] ediff/diff not found
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:08:53 -0500

I have used ediff on an emacs installation on a Windows system I have at work which has Cygwin installed on it. Ediff works fine there. At home on a new system (Vista) I have put the latest 24.2.* emacs and installed Cygwin. If I M-x shell, I can find diff in the Path. Ediff, however, complains that it cannot find diff. Where does ediff look? I read the manual and it does not seem to discuss it. I haven’t had trouble with my work system so why does it not just succeed at home?

Kevin Buchs | Senior Engineer | SPPDG | 507-538-5459 | address@hidden

Mayo Clinic | 200 First Street SW | Rochester, MN 55905 | http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg