Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 19:01:32 +0300

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 07:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: bsamek <address@hidden>
>
> I wish that were true! Here's a fuller listing
> http://i.imgur.com/EGaK3bx.png. It is odd that the time/size don't match.
> But I made sure to 'dir c:\Windows\System32' in both shells before
> requesting a directory listing.

You'd have to investigate what's going on on your system.  Some
directions to look into:

  . do you have some dir.exe or dir.bat somewhere, and could it be
    that it gets invoked in one of the two cases, but not the other?

  . which shell is running in each case? can they be different shells?

  . do you have a DIRCMD variable defined in the environment, and if
    so, could it be affecting only one of the cases?