Re: [h-e-w] "emacs-bin" sourceforge project - Binary distributions of GN

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] "emacs-bin" sourceforge project - Binary distributions of GNU Emacs
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

> >> Those interested in the Emacs binary distributions that I was
> >> uploading to a Dropbox shared folder should know that, from now on,
> >> those distributions will be available from the new "emacs-bin"
> >> sourceforge project that I've created for that very purpose:
> >>
> >>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/emacs-bin/
> >
> > Does this mean that they will no longer be available also at
> > the Dropbox URL?
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zmxzw7pk2ml7qip/jS1Fuz1pZr
>
> Yes, I will remove that dropbox shared folder in a few days.
> There is no point in keeping it.

OK, thanks for the info.

FWIW, the SourceForge page is a lot less user-friendly, IMHO -
quite annoying.  Animated, crappy advertising clutters (bombards)
the screen monstrously.

(I don't recall SourceForge being like that in the past, but
I guess "On n'arrete pas le progres...")

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for the change from Dropbox?