Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and Windows PATH variable

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and Windows PATH variable
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 17:36:53 +0000

Nikolay, I use a VBS script to alter the PATH in the global system environment.
 It's based on this thread in the Windows Script Host Usenet:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.wsh/browse_thread/thread/f88098309ad51cec/9da1b95fdadecdb3?q=modify+OR+set+system+path#9da1b95fdadecdb3

So when I need to permanently add a directory to the path (even from within a
batch file), I call my script.  And I do not need to restart Windows.  The
effect is the same as using the GUI through Computer | Properties | Advanced
Settings, etc.

- Ray