[h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up

From: rjd
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:02:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

here is my customization section:

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:family "Topaz-8" :foundry "outline" :slant normal :weight
normal :height 68 :width normal))))
 '(link ((t (:foreground "medium orchid" :underline t))))
 '(which-func ((t (:foreground "Green")))))

Notice the font - topaz. This is a TTF I downloaded because I wanted an
Amiga font. So I installed it to Font properly.

In an Emacs session I can

Options->Set Default Font->select Topaz-8. Then, I can Options->Save Options
and this updated my .emacs.

But, when I reopen Emacs it goes to a random font all the time.

To try and solve I M-X describe-font and copy and paste this to the function
set-default-font but when I open Emacs it goes back to a random font again.
I have to manually change it to TOPAZ again.

Any suggestions?