Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up

From: rjd
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:01:53 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

Thanks for your input so far.

I have actually reverted to a more modern mono spaced font now anyway. But
at least we have learned something. Though, I would like to learn something
else now.

Sometimes I do not like the bolded weight text. For example, source code
comments are italic. This can be corrected by setting this in your theme.el :

FROM
 '(font-lock-comment-face ((t (:slant italic :foreground "#bc9458"))))
 '(font-lock-comment-face ((t (:slant normal :foreground "#bc9458"))))

But, in shell-mode

when I issue an ls -l I get directories in bold. Also, in my
mode-line-format I have bold for mode-line-buffer-identification.

I do not know where to override the font settings for these. Ideally I would
like to disable bold and italic all together.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Cheers.