Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 15:36:35 -0500

On 9/25/2015 1:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Btw, which Emacs version is that?

24.5.1 (latest release I found this week at gnu.org)

Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 21:59:14 +0300
From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Also, can you try adding to the Emacs manifest file this entry, which
says we support Windows 10, and see if that perhaps fixes the problem?

         <!-- Windows 10 -->
         <supportedOS Id="{8e0f7a12-bfb3-4fe8-b9a5-48fd50a15a9a}"/>
Actually, I see that we embed the manifest into the executable, so an
external manifest cannot override it.  But perhaps you could try
rebuilding Emacs after updating the manifest?  (Sorry, I don't have
access to Windows 10 to see if this change in the manifest solves your
problem.)
The machine is a very low powered notebook (HP Stream 11) with little bulk memory, so I am not really up to trying to build Emacs on it. I will point out that, other than this taskbar problem (which I can work around with AHC), Emacs is working well with no surprises. I was just hoping that maybe someone else had already experienced the taskbar issue and come up with a solution so I could continue to behave on the notebook as I have for years on my (much more competent) Windows 7 and 8.1 machines.

(BTW - The reason I wanted Emacs on the machine is that it has a touch screen, and I have a Python app I would like to to adapt for multitouch input. So I am trying Kivy to support that. If I get it to work on the Windows 10 notebook, then I can also put it on my Android tablet (where development capability is way too limited).)