Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 02:58:27 +0000

Eli was right. Emacs, runemacs, and emacsclient all call the function to set the app id when they run. At least it's in the code, it might be some code path that doesn't get executed for some reason. I didn't examine everything in the code, so debugging it would be needed to be sure.
I suspect it's the fact that the shortcut doesn't pick up the app id when created, and we don't have a windows installer to create the shortcut with it like many windows apps do. (We could make one.) and there's something different in later windows versions or hot fixes that makes the behavior different. Or, like Eli said, at least for me, there's something different in my environment.
On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:48 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:16:50 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> (One thing that is not clear to me is whether or not runemacs needs to
> set it.)

They both do.  Are you saying this might be a problem?