Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:22:36 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:24:30 +0200
> Cc: Rob Davenport <address@hidden>,
>       "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
>
> Case 1)
> - run runemacs.exe from the command line. An icon appears on the taskbar.
> - Pin Emacs on the taskbar. Another icon appears (for emacs.exe, not
> runemacs.exe), so there are two.
> - Exit Emacs. The first icon disappears.
> - Cick on the remaining one (the one pinned): another icon appears (because
> the
> first one does not have the AppId, which I checked).

This scenario ought to work.  It works for me on Windows 7 and 8.1,
and the pinned icon does have the AppID.  That is the problem with
Windows 10.

> I haven't debugged runemacs.exe starting it from a shortcut.
>
> Is there anything specific that you want me to try?

Just step through the code and see if the call to
SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID succeeds.  If it fails, I'd
like to know the value returned by GetLastError.

Thanks.