Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:02:34 -0400

OK. I figured my mystery out.  I ran the process monitor when pinning and saw Windows looking through the Start Menu for GNU Emacs.lnk.  And it found one.  I had run addpm recently and updated *that* shortcut with the GNU Emacs app id.  So Windows found it and used it when pinning Emacs.  If I remove that shortcut, then try to pin Emacs, it doesn't get the app id.  If I put the shortcut back into the start menu and then try to pin Emacs, it does get the correct app id.  Seems pretty conclusive.

So if we fix AddPM to put the app id into the shortcut it creates in the Start Menu, Windows 10 should find it and create the correct shortcut when you pin Emacs to the taskbar.