Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files

From: David Capello
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:41:25 -0300

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: David Capello <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:15:50 -0300
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> It happens sometimes, in a random fashion, with random files.
>> (Probably the first time a file is saved from a specific directory,
>> but not sure.)
>
> Did that start lately, like with the recent version of Emacs?  If so,
> which version didn't have this problem?

I was having this problem with Emacs 24.4.1 too.
(I don't remember about 24.3, but I think it has the
same issue.)

> Also, what is the format of your local disks -- NTFS or FAT32 (or
> something else)?

NTFS.

I've disable the real-time antivirus protection to check .sh files
I have Avira installed, and it looks like that Avira checks .sh files
by default. (And I modify .sh files regularly.)

- David