Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files

From: John J . Xenakis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:12:07 -0500

>   I've had that problem in the past but that's not the case
>   here. With Emacs 24.5.1 specifically, I've checked and there are
>   no files loaded from the network or mapped drives. I see the delay
>   on local files with no mapped drives. Once I get back on our
>   company's network, file saves seem to take the normal amount of
>   time. This isn't the end of the world for me. :-)

I'm still willing to bet that the delay that you and Dave are
experiencing is a network timeout.  Emacs is trying to access the
remote server for some reason.

Look at all your environment variables to see if the remote server
drive letter is referenced anywhere.  Or, perhaps some tool has been
added in to Emacs, and that tool is trying access the remote server.

John J. Xenakis
100 Memorial Drive Apt 8-13A
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone: 617-864-0010