Re: [h-e-w] Aspell issue with latex files

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Aspell issue with latex files
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 10:36:31 +0200

I think, in some manner, I tried your suggestion last night, but..

Il 29/04/2017 09:22, Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:

No, that's the wrong sequence of actions.  You should first start
Emacs, visit the TeX file, and cause Emacs to stop responding, and
only _then_ attach the debugger to it.

If that succeeds to interrupt Emacs and give you the "(gdb)" prompt,
then type

How to interrupt? From "task manager"? In this case

   (gdb) thread apply all bt

the above does nothing.

With CTRL-C? see below

to produce backtraces from all the threads.

If attaching the debugger does NOT succeed in interrupting Emacs, then
please try the following alternative:

   cd /c/LocalApps/Emacs/src
   gdb ./emacs.exe
   (gdb) set new-console 1
   (gdb) r -Q

Then visit the TeX file, turn on flyspell-mode, and get Emacs stop
responding.  Then go to the console window where you typed the above
GDB commands, and type Ctrl-C -- this should interrupt Emacs and give

I tried this second solution, but CTRL-C stops also gdb.

The difficulties are to get a GDB prompt..

you the "(gdb)" prompt.  Then type

   (gdb) thread apply all bt

to produce backtraces from all the threads.

I hope one of these two methods will succeed in producing a backtrace.

Thanks.