Re: [h-e-w] File extention association in Windows 10

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] File extention association in Windows 10
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 13:42:16 +0200

> From: Bo Johansson <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 14:28:10 +0100
>
> A problem remains with the menu items when using MS File Browser. When right
> clicking on a file that can be
> opened with Emacs and selecting “open with” you can get several identical
> menu items, with the text "GNU
> Emacs: The extensible self-documenting text editor".
>
> It is not good to have the same "FileDescription" text for several “emacs”
> executables. The same text is used
> both in emacs.exe and runemacs.exe.
>
> My proposal is: Change the text used in the "FileDescription", so they are
> different for emacs, runemacs,
> emacsclient and emacsclientw

The resource files for both emacs and runemacs are produced from the
same emacs.rc source file.  I'd welcome patches to the Emacs
Makefile's to produce different .res files from a single .rc source
for these two programs.

As for emacsclient and emacsclientw, they use a different .rc file
already, so is there any problem with them?

Thanks.