Permission denied error when creating a ctag DB (windows)

From: FallingFromBed .
Subject: Permission denied error when creating a ctag DB (windows)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 15:47:10 +0530

Hi,

I am facing an issue when creating a ctag DB using the ctags.exe file-- found in Emacs package.

From git-bash, I ran the below command

"$~/Downloads/emacs-26.3-x86_64/bin/ctags.exe -R *"

Tag file gets created, but it skips the source code present inside the directories, after running the above command I've been getting

    bin: Permission denied
    contrib: Permission denied
    crypto: Permission denied
    doc: Permission denied
    etc: Permission denied
    games: Permission denied
    gnu: Permission denied
    include: Permission denied
    initrd: Permission denied
    lib: Permission denied
    libexec: Permission denied
    nrelease: Permission denied
    sbin: Permission denied

Really not sure what I am doing wrong here-- even ran git-bash as an administrator, tried creating tag file from command-prompt by running it as an admin, yet no luck-- same issue ; If anyone know what should I do to fix this....Much appreciated

-FFB