Re: Is there a way to create a stripped-down version of Windows GNU Emac

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Is there a way to create a stripped-down version of Windows GNU Emacs?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:52:30 +0100

To complement what others have said, I am currently running one instance
of Emacs that handles my mail, programming Emacs itself, an org-mode
database, my calendar and various notes in unter 160Mb RAM.

Perceived size may be large because the distributed package looks large,
but much of it is documentation, large databases of Unicode characters,
lisp sources and bytecompiles files, and about 50Mb's of dependencies of
which about just 20Mb are loaded. If you stick to the bare distribution
with minor upgrades (newer org-mode, some themes) it is very lean and
responsive.

Cheers,

--
Juan José García Ripoll