help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: wishlist: mandatory parameters

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: wishlist: mandatory parameters
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:55:07 +0200

> I want, with the help of "mandatory parameter", it can be:
>
>   Usage: sample1 [OPTIONS]... SOURCE DEST
>
>   SOURCE mandatory parameter to ...
>   DEST ... copy SOURCE to DEST

Actually SOURCE and DEST is called unnamed options in gengetopt because as you
figured out earlier it deals with options: ie. commandline arguments starting
with one or two dashes. All above this (the rest) are assembled and stored into
the array 'inputs' of the args_info structure, and are refered to unnamed
options.

I think what you really want is to be able to name some of the unnamed options
(SOURCE & DEST) and to use those as a normal mandatory parameters. If those are
missing prgram exits with failure. Am I right?

hint: gengetopt --help | grep -i unname