help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Re: Include option in gengetopt

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Re: Include option in gengetopt
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:38:30 +0200

Jens Jakobsen wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

I've been working on ChilliSpot (www.chillispot.org) with David Bird. He made this extention to gengetopt which makes it possible to include an external file to the configuration file. With chillispot the configuration file (/etc/chilli.conf) will be something like:

interval 3600
radiusauthport 1812
dhcpif eth0
include /etc/chilli.conf_local

The idea is that the configuration file can be split up into several different files. Some of these are made during installation, while some of them are changes by a web interface ot the like. The patch he made for chillispot can be found here: https://coova.org:1443/svn/coova-chilli/src/cmdline.c.patch

Do you think this kind of configuration would be suitable for gengetopt?

Hi

I've applied your patch, and you can download a candidate release here:

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.19rc.tar.gz

please let me know whether this works fine for you (I've added some tests in the test suite)

I hope to hear from you soon

thanks again for your patch
cheers
        Lorenzo

| Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134      |
| PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze      |
| Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)   |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it                        |
| http://tronprog.blogspot.com  BLOG                  |
| http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band  |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite            |