help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Build problems.

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Build problems.
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:43:50 +0200

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
Seems like the build infrastructure has been made with an older
version of Automake because trying to perform "make -j2" or "make -j3"
leads to build failures.

I recall that such a bug had been fixed in Automake 1.10. Are we
using the latest version of Autotools?

I have disabled "make %{smp_flags}" in the Fedora package for the time-being.

Hi

I tried to switch to automake 1.10 but the problem still persists and it is in the tests directory when building parsers from the .goo files, since it needs to create a .h and a .c, but due to the parallel compilation when it compiles the .c file the .h is not there yet... I seemed to remember that this problem affected also .yy and .ll files... I'll try to see if the problem is still there for these files (I distribute the generated files so it doesn't show up in normal builds); if there's no problem for these files I'll try to see how they solved it, otherwise I'll try to solve it myself

thanks
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)