help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt with native Win32 CL.EXE

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt with native Win32 CL.EXE
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:03:18 +0200

Andreas Baumann wrote:
Hi,

I tried to produce the C and header files from a GGO file for native
Windows compilation with CL.EXE. Using any of the Cygwin or MinGW ports
of 'gengen` and 'gengetopt` as built-chain works.

As I see it, there is a small problem in the generated C code with the
FIX_UNUSED macro which is sometimes called before or in the middle of a
variable declaration in generated functions.

After patching with gengetopt-2.22.2-fix-unused.patch, compilation is no
problem.

Hi Andreas

actually this should have already been fixed by this candidate release, if you want to try it

http://gdn.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22.3.tar.gz

hope to hear from you soon
cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net