help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] text before section

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] text before section
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 12:37:27 +0200

Tong, this issue should be fixed as well in the current git version, could you please check this?

thanks
        Lorenzo

On 03/27/2010 12:49 AM, T o n g wrote:
Hi,

This is a follow up to my previous issue report
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.gengetopt.general/238
which was eclipsed by the provided solution. Now it emerges again.

Basically, I want to output some text before section, but noticed it is
generated after the section instead:

--------------------------------
-# Name of your program, don't use if you're using automake
package "sample1"
# Version of your program, don't use if you're using automake
version "2.0"

purpose "this is just a test program for gengetopt"

section         "Section 1"

option          "str-opt"   s "A string option, for a filename"  optional
string typestr="filename"
text            "      explain more about the string option"

section         "Section 2"

option          "int-opt"   i "A int option"  int optional
-------------------------------

will get me:

--------------------------------
sample1 2.0

this is just a test program for gengetopt

Usage: sample1 [OPTIONS]...

Section 1:
   -s, --str-opt=filename  A string option, for a filename

Section 2:
       explain more about the string option
   -i, --int-opt=INT       A int option

I guess internally, gengetopt flushes out 'text' cache only before output
'option' info (but not 'section'). Would flushing out 'text' cache before
'section' possible?

Thanks

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net