help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Extending gengetopt

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Extending gengetopt
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:36:04 +0100

On 02/21/2012 09:45 PM, Tim Marston wrote:
Hi there,

I am in the process of converting GNU Typist to use gengetopt. In
particular, its ability to read config files is very useful to us. But,
for our purposes at least, I have found a few (minor) shortcomings in
gengetopt and I've also had some ideas to improve it slightly. I
wondered if I could discuss them with a view to the possibility of
extending gengetopt. (I would of course be prepared to do the work
required to implement any of the ideas that are approved.)

There are several items I wanted to mention. Should I post them as one
long message, or as individual threads?

All the best,

Hi Tim

please feel free to discuss these issues in the list so that others can comment :)

if you could group related items in different threads it might be better

looking forward to hearing from you!

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net