help-gift

[help-GIFT] Region query for MRML/GIFT

From: Pruet Boonma
Subject: [help-GIFT] Region query for MRML/GIFT
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:33:04 +1100

Hi,

As David said sometime ago, I will do a minor thesis on MRML and GIFT,
which is mainly to extend them to support region QBE. Therefore I have some
issues that I would like to discuss before start coding.

1. I've made a mock MRML session here [1] . Please have a look and any
comment will be very welcome. The regional style is come from MPEG-7
Visual Description Scheme, please see my draft review of the MPEG-7 here
[2], it's in section 4. Consequently, if everything is fine, I will
write a DTD as a MRML extension.

2. Are there any development that focuses on regional query in GIFT/MRML
? I think that I've seen something like mpeg-7 tag in the code, but not
sure about the purpose of that part.

3. From issue #1. , Should I develop region query as a new algorithm or
a query-paradigms. In the mock MRML session above, I use both of them.

Any comment or suggention are welcome, Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Pruet

[1] http://lulu.mptc.eng.cmu.ac.th:8080/pruet/docs/thesis/xmlext.ps
[2] http://lulu.mptc.eng.cmu.ac.th:8080/pruet/docs/thesis/litrev.ps