help-global

So for C++ support should one use "universal-ctags"? What are the curren

From: Gautam Thaker
Subject: So for C++ support should one use "universal-ctags"? What are the current limitations?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:29:22 -0500

In release notes for 6.6.5 I read:

[DEPRECATED]
o gtags: the built-in C++ parser is deprecated, since it is not well maintained.
  Currently, it is hard to say that GLOBAL supports C++ language.

What is state of C++ support? I really like being able to have my global/gtags/ggtags.el eco-system provide me C++ definitions AND references (where methods/functions are being called from.) universal-ctags, I don't believe it can find  references.

What is the state of C++ support and what is the likely future?

Thanks.