Re:[Help-glpk] None

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re:[Help-glpk] None
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:39:26 +0200

Hello Ivan,

> For this reason I started the "glpkxx project"

Do you know the project FLOP++? Could you tell how do your
ideas compare to it?

 http://www.mat.ua.pt/thh/flopc/

Best,
Marko

Well, I admit I don't know much about it but as far as I know
FLOP++ is an algebraic modeling language like GAMS or MPL.
They are useful for prototyping models but not so useful to be
included in applications.
Glpkxx compares to FLOP++ as ILOG Concert Technology compares
to ILOG Opl studio.
FLOP++ is a higher level of abstraction but harder to put your hands
on when you need to interact with the solver (say changing the model
after a run, setting parameters and so on..)

Glpkxx on the other hand is in between the two.
Easier to modelize the problem than mere glpk but more flexible
then a typical algebraic modeling language.

Thanks for your comment,
Ivan