[Help-glpk] repeated calls to lpx_print_prob

From: jpark
Subject: [Help-glpk] repeated calls to lpx_print_prob
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:32:39 -0500

Greetings,
I wonder if there might be a problem with repeated calls to
lpx_print_prob(). In our application we have an lp model which
receives updated parameter data on a periodic basis, each time
generating a model, solving, outputting, destroying model.
If I call lpx_print_prob() after each model generation, then
near the LIB_MAX_OPEN model solution we get a ufopen() fault:
"ufopen: too many open files"

Looking at glplpx8a.c in lpx_print_prob():

at line 1048:
      fp = ufopen(fname, "w");

then 1197 - 1200:
      fclose(fp);
      return 0;
fail: if (fp != NULL) ufclose(fp);
      return 1;

it appears that if a "goto fail;" is not executed,
then ufclose is not called, and LIBENV env->file_slot[k] is
not decremented, eventually filling up file_slot.

Many thanks for providing and supporting glpk!