[Help-glpk] OK, multi-threading on w32 platform works, UNLESS...

From: Joonas Timo Taavetti Kekoni
Subject: [Help-glpk] OK, multi-threading on w32 platform works, UNLESS...
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:26:44 +0200 (EET)

> I am posting a brief example that illustrates how to use glpk api in
> multi-thread applications on w32 platform (vc++ 6.0). Please see the
> attachment.

Yes it does work, unless you
a) pass objects from a thread to another
        This is usually not required
b) do not use garbage collector.

Unfortunately with java (and probably other enviroments as well)
you cannot bypass B that and the only option is to use the thread unsafe
lib.(Or my patches.)

        Or add the close() thing...

Yes. I DO understand that the thread safe libs work ok,
unless you need to do either a or b.

Yes, sorry I did use provocative title.
"Win32 thread safe lib incompatible with java and (some)other GC's"-would
be more accurate.